My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Friday 19 February 2016

Current Skincare Routine


Recently I’ve really got into my skincare and pay a lot more attention to what my skin needs. I used to spend all my time and money on amazing makeup but then I realised no matter how good it is, if it doesn’t have a good base to sit on it won’t ever look good.


I don’t particularly like my skin; don’t get me wrong, I’ve never had any major problems but it’s very rarely easy to work with. I have very pale skin and it gets very dry, so my main aim when it comes to skincare is to drench my face in moisture. So let me talk you through the products I like to use…

The Basics (Morning & Evening):

  • Step 1: Micellar Water

My favourite micellar water to use is the Garnier CleansingWater. I find it to be really gentle on my sensitive skin but good enough that my face feels clean after using it. I don’t find it to be too drying on my skin either.

  • Step 2: Cream Cleanser

I’ve actually run out of my favourite creamy cleanser, but I love to use the Simple Purifying Cleansing Lotion. This helps clean off any last bits of makeup that the micellar water might have missed and adds a little hydration back into the skin. This has been a firm favourite for a while and its super affordable.

  • Step 3: Toner

Again, nothing really beats Simple. The Simple SoothingFacial Toner is cheap and does the job. I find this to be quite a refreshing step in my routine. Even though I’m not completely sure what a toner does, I wouldn’t miss out this step.

  • Step 4: Serum

I absolutely love this step of my routine! It’s a really nice feeling to put something so moisturising back on your skin. I use the BodyShop Vitamin E Moisture Serum – this is the first serum I’ve used and although it’s probably the most expensive step in my routine I wouldn’t miss it out. This serum gives so much moisture back to the skin and it’s easy and soothing to apply. I could not recommend this serum enough.

  • Step 5: Moisturiser

I’ve tried a few different moisturisers but my favourite has to be the Simple Hydrating Light Moisturiser. What I like about this one is that it feels so light on the face and sinks in really quickly. I feel like this moisturises my skin really well and leaves my skin feeling hydrated, whereas other moisturisers have left parts of my face feeling dry and uncomfortable.

  • Step 6: Eye Cream

This is a relatively new step to my routine that I now do in the morning and evening. I started to use an eye cream because I found that my foundation and concealer weren’t sitting very well underneath my eyes and I suffer from quite dark bags under my eyes. I was on a budget and thought I’d research some LUSH skincare since I haven’t tried any before. I picked up the EnchantedEye Cream because it had heaps of great reviews. I think this has made a bit of a difference to the skin under my eyes but I think I’ll have to give it a bit more time before I can come to a solid conclusion.

  • Step 7: Moisturiser (Part 2)

This is another new step that I’ve added to my routine recently because my skin has been especially dry since January – I have a few theories of why this could be, one being that the weather in the UK is pretty cold at the moment and living by the coast means quite a lot of gusty winds, another reason being that my student house has quite a bit of damp and mould that has caused a minor allergic reaction and rash on my face. But whatever the reason might be, I’ve started using a second moisturiser on certain parts of my face, because what’s the harm really!? The moisturiser I’ve been using (as well as a bit of Savlon) is the BodyShop Vitamin E Moisture Cream. I use this on the dry patches on my cheek, forehead and sometimes chin. This again is quite a light moisturiser that sinks into the skin quickly and just adds that little bit of extra hydration I need.

Extra Steps:


I use this in the evening to take my makeup off before moving on to the rest of my skincare routine. I use this with a muslin cloth. This is a really nice, oily balm that feels really nice on the skin and doesn’t sting the eyes. I find that it removes my eye makeup well and is a really quick and easy step in my routine. I wouldn’t count on just this to take off all my makeup, but it definitely gets rid of most of it. I like using this because I find it quite hydrating on my skin and very gentle.


This tiny bottle has a very long name. I picked this up recently after I ran out of an old favourite spot remover that’s now unfortunately been discontinued. I was having quite a few spot problems and really needed something strong and quick to get rid of them. I opted for this after hearing it had good reviews, and even though the bottle is tiny and quite pricey I’ve heard it’ll last a long time. I really like this, as soon as you put it on your skin you can feel it starting to work and drying out the problem area. Some people might not like that sensation but I like the feeling of knowing that something’s happening. I've sometimes been tempted to put loads of this stuff on just to get rid of those pesky spots, but I wouldn’t recommend it – it usually just peels off before it’s been able to have any effect.

This is a great, cheap and cheerful lip scrub that helps lipstick last and look better. It gets rid of all the dry patches and I find that using some Nivea Lip Butter (Raspberry Rose) afterwards leaves my lips soft and ready for lipstick.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig