My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Thursday 16 February 2017

The Perfect Pillowtalk Dupe


The new Charlotte Tilbury lipstick launches have only been out a few weeks and as soon as I saw them I fell for the hype. I've never tried 'Pillowtalk' lip liner but I'm aware of its cult following, so I decided to pick up the lipstick. Granted, these are definitely not the cheapest lipsticks on the market but when it comes to Charlotte Tilbury you can't really go wrong. 

'Pillowtalk' is the first Matte Revolution lipstick I've tried and its long-lasting but not too drying, it doesn't leave your lips feeling powdery and for a matte lipstick its pretty comfortable to wear. I always prefer to prep my lips before, just to make sure it has the best base to sit on - I like to use the LUSH Mint Julips Lip Scrub and Nivea Hydra Care Lip Balm. If you're not a fan of a matte lip, Charlotte Tilbury's K.I.S.S.I.N.G lipsticks are a really lovely creamy formula, with an amazing shade range. The new 'Valentine' shade looks beautiful and 'Kim K.W.' Hot Lips is one of my all time favourite lipsticks.

If you don't fancy a matte lip or you're looking for a slightly more budget friendly option, the Tanya Burr lipstick in 'Pink Cocoa' is a great dupe for 'Pillowtalk'. The formula is creamy and pigmented and comfortable to wear. The shade is a perfect nude-y pink, and works well with so many different makeup looks. You can blend this in for a natural my-lips-but-better look or you can build it up for a strong colour.

The two have very different formulas and are at different ends of the price range, but the shades are so similar. 'Pink Cocoa' is more comfortable on the lips since its a creamier formula, and even though its long-lasting it doesn't quite have the staying power of 'Pillowtalk'. If you fancy treating yourself and love a matte lip 'Pillowtalk' is beautiful, but if you're after a creamier formula that doesn't break the bank then 'Pink Cocoa' is the perfect dupe. 

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig