My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Wednesday 22 February 2017

Mini Lipstick Haul


I've taken quite a long break from the blog, but what better way to start writing again than a few lipstick posts. I've talked about two of these lipsticks in my last post, 'The Perfect Pillowtalk Dupe'. Even though I love lipstick and I buy a lot of it, I only tend to wear it on the odd occasion, usually because I can't be bothered with the upkeep - lazy, I know! Either that or when I do a full face of makeup, lipstick can look a little bit much with everything else so I just opt for some lipbalm.

My most recent purchase is 'Basic Bitch Peach Perfect', from the cruelty free makeup line created by Lucy Watson. I'm not particularly keen on the name of the brand but its a minor detail I can overlook. This was the colour that drew me the most when the brand launched, and I've always loved the peachy tones Watson's wears. The packaging isn't my favourite, it feels a bit cheap and the quality's not as great as I'd hoped considering the lipstick was £18, especially when you compare it to a MAC lipstick. That aside, the main reason I bought this lipstick was for the shade. The formula is quite sheer but you can easily build it up to quite a strong colour, and its really comfortable on the lips - it feels a bit like a lip balm. Its easy to reapply without a mirror and the brand is PETA approved and cruelty free. This is my current go-to if I want to perk up my makeup look a bit, but still keep it looking natural. 

MAC 'Antique Velvet' is a little less natural, and was encouraged by Tanya Burr. After seeing this in an Autumn makeup look, I picked it up as well as the MAC lipliner in 'Chestnut'. It looked so great on Burr but its fair to say I'm a good few shades paler and my lips are nowhere near as nice as hers. Its a very out-there colour for me, not one for the everyday but it is still a great lipstick. The matte formula is comfortable and quite creamy, and with the lip liner underneath its slightly easier to apply but still no picnic in the park. The shade is very autumn/winter appropriate, but I think this might go into hibernation in the coming months unless I'm feeling daring on a night out.

Speaking of Tanya Burr, I picked up one of her lipsticks in the shade 'Pink Cocoa'. In my opinion this is the nicest and most wearable shade in the range, besides 'Birthday Cake'. The formula is really creamy and opaque, comfortable to wear. This shade is also a pretty great dupe for Charlotte Tilbury's new lipstick in 'Pillowtalk'. Pillowtalk is a matte lipstick compared to Burr's creamier formula. The rosey-nude shade is perfect for everyday and minimal upkeep thanks to the long lasting formula. I compare the two more in my last post
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig