My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Saturday 11 March 2017

Gym Face


Since September last year I've really been getting into the gym more and I've been aiming to go three times a week. One of the things putting me off committing to the gym was my insecurity with the way I would look, especially compared to the ultra-buff gym regulars. Finding the perfect gym to suit you is definitely important and probably the biggest reason why I haven't been able to stick at it before, but sometimes, no matter where you're going, if you think you look good, chances are you feel good.

I know its not ideal to wear makeup to the gym, and it doesn't do your pores any favours but at the end of the day I think it boils down to personal preference. More often than not I try not to wear makeup when I work out but if I need a mini pick me up just to get my out the door, I think I've found the perfect products to suit me.

Considering I need this makeup to last a while and withstand a workout I like to use a good primer. My first choice is the Too Faced Hangover Primer - hydrating enough for my dry skin but not greasy looking, my foundation sits really well on top of this. Every now and then I also like to spritz my face with a bit of MAC Fix+ if its feeling extra dehydrated or dull-looking.

You could easily skip foundation and go straight in with concealer to pinpoint the areas you want to cover but I've been enjoying using the Giorgio Armani Maestro Glow Foundation in shade 2. This is a very glowy foundation with a buildable coverage, and although the glow can get a little too much sometimes, this works well to even out my skintone and leave my skin still looking natural. Its a very weightless formula and the nourishing oils and skincare benefits make me feel a little better about wearing this to the gym. 

I like to top up the coverage where I need it - mostly under my eyes - by using the MAC Prep & Prime Highlighter. This is by far my favourite concealer, especially for the more natural days. This doesn't have a super high coverage but works well to brighten up under my eyes and any other areas around my face, like my chin and forehead. To set under my eyes I like to take a light dusting of the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused Light to keep things bright.

I prefer to leave mascara so I can avoid any smudging but I do put a little bit of MAC Eye Pencil in Coffee in my upper waterline to give my eyes and lashes a little bit of definition. As for brows I'll sometimes swipe a bit of Benefit Gimme Brow in shade 05 Deep through them to give my face a little more structure.

To finish off I set my makeup with the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray to help it last a little longer and keep it looking as fresh as possible. 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig