My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Monday 12 September 2016

Shop My Stash: MAC


These few MAC products are my must-haves that I just can't live without. I've used most of these for months, even years and they're ultimate staples in my makeup routine. There's a good mix of products for your base, eyes, lips and even a couple of my favourite brushes - I could happily use only MAC for my complete routine. So let's start with the base...



I've mentioned this time and time again, and that's just because I love it so much. I won't bang on about it too much, I don't want to repeat myself but this face powder is great for normal and dry skin and doesn't leave your face looking matte when setting your makeup. This leaves your base looking natural, like the name would suggest, and doesn't look cakey. It's great if you need to top up throughout the day, no matter how many layers you apply your makeup will stay looking fresh. The compact isn't the smallest but it does have a decent mirror, so its not too bad for on the go.


This is another MAC product that I bang on about all the time - it's one of my newest discoveries since some new shades were added to the range I couldn't wait to pick it up after hearing so many great reviews. There are tons of similar products in the drugstore and other highend brands but I absolutely love the MAC one so I wouldn't change it. If you fancy reading a bit more some other posts are linked here and here.


MAC eyeshadows are well known all over the beauty blogosphere - with so many finishes to choose from and the huge selection of shades you really can't go wrong. They're easy to blend and you can find the perfect shades to suit you or opt for a palette. My favourite two shades are Wedge (matte) and Patina (frost). Wedge is great as a crease shade on paler skin - it adds just enough definition and shadow whilst still looking natural. Patina is my all time favourite shadow, the frost finish and colour pay-off leave a nice wash of colour over the lid and the golden pearl reflects make this an easy all over eye look.



I've also mentioned this product in the past in a recent MAC Haul - those were only first impressions so I thought I'd update you on my thoughts. I have the paintpot in Indianwood but I've been meaning to pick up some other shades like Groundwork and Painterly for months. The lasting power of these cream eyeshadows are out of this world amazing - these do not budge, once set you're good until the end of the day (or night) but you have to work fast and make sure you blend those edges. These would be great as a base for your eye make up, helping them to last longer and giving the eyeshadows an extra dimension and better colour pay-off.



This is the only brown eyeliner I own besides MAC Technakohl Liner in Brownborder, and use and although you could probably find some great dupes on the highstreet I've long been a fan of MAC eyeliners - they were one of the very first things I bought from MAC. The eyeliners in general are creamy and work well in the tightline and waterline but can also be smudged on the lash line. Coffee is a staple shade that everyone needs in their makeup kit - a great muted brown.



Practically famous, everyone's heard of MAC lipsticks - they're a cult classic! There are 8 different formulas to choose from and nearly 200 shades. My favourite formulas are Lustre and Amplified - both with good colour pay off and comfortable to wear. My favourite shades are Blankety, Please Me and my all time favourite, Patisserie. If you fancy reading some more about my MAC lipsticks, I have a post all about my MAC Lipstick Collection.

SHARE:

2 comments

  1. Ahhh such pretty, dreamy shades! Your collection is so lovely, can't wait to read more from your blog! :D xx

    elizabeth ♡ ”Ice Cream” whispers Clara | (lets follow each other on bloglovin or instagram)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, that's really lovely to hear! Looking forward to taking a look at your blog :)xx

    ReplyDelete

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig