My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Saturday 3 September 2016

My Favourite Black Shoes


Black shoes are a staple in any wardrobe and since my feet haven't grown in years, my collection is starting to grow to a ridiculous size. I contemplated sharing all the black shoes I own but that would've been one really long and dreary post. So as a small compromise, here are a few of my favourite pairs.


By far my favourite shoes, these Docs are a staple and a classic. There’s no denying that these were quite painful to break in, but once you get passed those first few weeks I can honestly say these are actually surprisingly comfortable. The yellow stitching along the sole adds the classic Dr Martens touch. These are my most worn shoes, I can wear them for hours comfortably and they go with practically every single outfit in my wardrobe - I even wear them on nights out!



When I first got these, I didn’t wear them as much as I thought I would. But since going to university, these are a surprise staple in my wardrobe. So easy to wear with any casual outfit, and super comfortable once you break them in, these are a great alternative to converse. I don't like to wear these in the rain because of the suede but they're easy to look after and stay looking good as new. One thing I have noticed about these shoes, which could possibly be down to the socks I wear, is that they squeak when I walk. It does make me slightly self-conscious but since I usually have my earphones in I don't really mind anymore.



The newest edition to my wardrobe, these gorgeous boots were my 20th birthday present. I'd had my eyes on them for a few months as well as the Cherry Red 1461 Gibson Flat Shoes, but since these were only around for a limited time I had to act fast. I love the pointed toe, its a slightly different look from the classic DM's. As with most DM's these have been a tad painful to wear in, especially around the ankle (and above) area but I've got some plasters on hand a some new socks - no pain, no gain!



I've never really been one to make an effort to work out consistently, but I'm hoping that'll change at the start of this uni year. To kick things off there's no harm in looking good, and feeling good so I decided to do a little sale shopping to see if I could spice up my workout gear. These are super light and comfy, and as the name would suggest they are specifically for trail running. I'm not a trail runner but I think these will be great when I eventually start going for a morning run (when I can bare to drag myself out of bed). I've even had a few compliments!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig