My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Saturday 4 June 2016

Tartelette Amazonian Clay Matte Eyeshadow Palette


The original Tarte Tartelette palette has gathered quite a cult following since it's release, and since its slightly easier to get hold of in the UK these days (available on QVC occasionally) I thought I'd throw my opinion into the mix - better late than never!

I managed to get my hands on this last year when my sister visited New York (of course I made her a short shopping list, who wouldn't 'wink wink') and I've had plenty of time to play around with it. I have to admit that my sister has probably used it more than me. When I first got it I just couldn't really be bothered and it didn't blow my socks off massively. The colours just weren't sitting right on my eyes and I realised I'm much more of a fan of 4 pan eyeshadow palettes - way less fuss and thought.

After forgetting about it for a while, I decided to give it another try and I think I'm slowly getting the hang of it. The shadows themselves are nicely pigmented and easy to blend and after playing around with it I've got a few favourite shades, but I don't use them as eyeshadow.


My favourite from the whole palette is 'wanderer', a light brown shade. I find this shade to be the most versatile in the palette and my favourite ways to use it are in the crease of my eye to give a subtle amount of definition and depth, as an eyebrow powder mixed with a bit of 'dreamer', and sometimes as a light contour. I like this shade for contour because it has just the right amount of coolness for my skintone and doesn't look too muddy on my face. The pan is also a decent size, so its easy enough to fit my Louise Young LY51 brush.


I tend to stick to the lower half of the palette with the cooler and more purple shades, I think that these are slightly more complimentary on my skin. There's a great range of shades in the palette to suit everyone's tastes and create loads of different looks and I love that all the shades are matte. I personally find matte shades easier to work with on the eyes and offer more options, especially when it comes to everyday make up looks.

I hope this post was useful to anyone who might be sitting on the fence about purchasing it. Its definitely a decent palette with great shades and since using it more I've come to like it more but I can't help but feel like there are some slightly better palette's on the market from brands like Urban Decay and MAC.

Let me know your thoughts and if you have a specific favourite look you like to create using this palette!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig