My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Monday 6 June 2016

Makeup Brushes Part II: My Eye Brushes


I have to admit, I love makeup brushes and I'm a short-term hoarder. I don't have that big of a collection, but I'm slowly starting to by more; the RMK Face Colour Brush is next on my wishlist. This is the second part of my collection, you can see the first part all about my Face Brushes here.


So from top to bottom...

Real Techniques Bold Metals 200 Oval Shadow Brush - This is quite a dense blending brush, and as you can see in the picture its also quite a bit larger than the MAC 217. The density of the brush means that the bristles are slightly stiffer than a blending brush making it slightly difficult to blend eyeshadow, but its great for applying it straight to the lid.

Real Techniques Duo Fibre Eye Brush - This brush came as part of a limited edition set, which I believe is now a permanent addition to the Real Techniques collection. This isn't my favourite blending brush, I find the bristles to be too long and flimsy but it is useful to soften the edges of any eyeshadow to finish off a look.

MAC 217 Blending Brush - Probably one of my favourite brushes ever, and definitely my favourite eye brush. This is a cult classic and the first MAC makeup brush I purchased. This is a must have in everyone's kit and I don't want to ramble on too much. The bristles are super soft and fluffy and blend eyeshadow perfectly. You can also use it to pack the eyeshadow onto the lid, it won't be quite as opaque as using a flat shader brush but you can build up a decent colour.

Real Techniques Bold Metals 200 Oval Shadow Brush - (Same as above)

Boots Blending Brush - I got this brush as part of a Christmas set a few years back, and although I wasn't a fan of the other brushes in the set this one seems to have stuck around. You can never have too many blending brushes and this is my go-to when it comes to finishing off my look. The hairs are the right length and density that it blends the edges of my eyeshadow evenly, leaving no harsh lines.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig