My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Sunday 9 August 2015

Hello August: Part 1

August has only just started but so far, I'd say it's gone well. August is that time in the summer when you realize how quickly the holidays have actually gone. Now that July's over you've only got 1 month left before it's back to the daily grind. So baring that in mind I feel that August is my most productive month of the holidays and I'm looking forward to what's to come. 


Recently I've been making quite good use of the summer sales and managed to pick up a few bargains for myself. Firstly I managed to get my hands on a nice pair of Joules wellies. I consider myself a bit of a snob when it comes to wellies but I just couldn't bring myself to spend a fortune on some Hunters so I happily settled for a pair from Joules. I don't get much use out of wellies, but festival season is in full swing and I'm going to my first in September so I thought it might be a good idea to pick some up in the sales. 

FIELDWELLY Womens Matt Welly, Olive

The wellies in question are the FIELDWELLY Womens Matt Welly, Olive. They're currently in the sale, reduced to £19.95 and come in 3 other colours - Navy, Pink and Black. These will be great for the festival and as wellies go these are really comfy.

Another thing I've been enjoying this month has been Pimms, especially the Blackberry & Elderflower Pimms. This is a super summery drink and I've been enjoying it with some crandberry juice, lemonade, cucumbers and lemons. It's such a simple cocktail to make and it'll always taste great.

Blackberry and Elderflower Pimms

(Always enjoyed best when drinking responsibly)

I was very lucky at the start of the week because my lovely friend came to stay with me for a few days. We'd been planning it for a while and we had a great time. We managed to squeeze in a bit of shopping and had a little browse in MAC. I'd say it was a successful shopping trip and I came away with 2 eyeshadows and a quad palette. My friend also bought 2 lipsticks and a lipliner. The damage wasn't that severe, I promise! My friend is training to be a make up artist and gets a very nice discount at MAC which she kindly shared with me. 

But on to the important stuff, what I actually bought. I picked up the eyeshadows Patina and All That Glitters after glowing reviews from Lily Pebbles and Tanya Burr. Patina is a taupe shade with gold shimmer and All That Glitters is a beige with gold pearl and slight hint of peachy pink. I've given them a quick test and so far I love them! I can't wait to use them properly.

MAC Patina & All That Glitters
Another place we visited was Las Iguanas; a latin american restaurant. We were both Las Iguanas virgins a week ago but we loved it. The food was amazing and the portions were huge but the best thing was they're cocktails. I would recommend the Pina Colada which is an oldy but a goody and the Brazilian Bellini. I will definitely be going back and making the most of happy hour.

Las Iguanas
I also did a little bit of sneaky sale shopping on Urban Outfitters and River Island but they will be in a later post. Hope you guys are having a great August so far and I'll see you on Wednesday.





SHARE:

2 comments

  1. could just drink that glass of pimms looks so refreshing
    Carrieanne x
    http://www.beautiesunlocked.com

    ReplyDelete

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig