My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Friday 7 August 2015

My Summer Reading List



The Summer is the perfect time to get some reading done. I find that reading is the perfect stress relief, it gives you the chance to stop thinking and lets your mind be completely empty. It's great if you're feeling a little bit stressed or maybe just have a few too many things on your mind.


I've always loved reading but over the last few years I haven't been doing as much as I'd like. Small things can always get in the way like work, social lives and I can admit a lot of the time tv and social media. But I think it's important to carve out a bit of time in your daily routines to have a bit of me time with a good book.

I thought I'd put together a small reading list of my favourite books at the moment and maybe you'll see one that tickles your fancy.

1. The Real Katie Lavender by Erica James

This has to be one of my favourite books! Described as 'a great big romantic, emotional and involving read', Katie Lavender is 30 years old and has become a bit of a pro at dealing with surprises. After receiving a letter from her deceased mother her life changes again and we follow her journey of discovering a whole new 'family'. This book has a hero, a villain and an unexpected prince charming and is filled with twists and turns. I will always love this book and return to it whenever I'm feeling a bit down-in-the-dumps. I would definitely recommend this, why not give it a go before the end of the summer for a bit of a feel-good read.
2. it by Alexa Chung

This is a very different book to the others on this list. It is a very down to earth book reflecting on Alexa's experiences from how to dress in the morning, taking the perfect selfie and looking back on Alexa's young years - there's even a few pictures of a good night out. This book was really interesting and gave an insight into a now model, tv host and editor's life. The layout of the book made it an easy read and the gorgeous cloth cover makes it a luxurious book to have on your bookshelf.
3. A 3rd Helping of Chicken Soup for the Soul by Jack Canfield & Victor Hansen

This has to be one of the best feel-good books out there. Filled with over 100 stories no longer than 2 or 3 pages, Chicken Soup tugs on the heartstrings of all who read it. One of the books in an extremely popular series, I decided to start with the 3rd book. I chose the 3rd book purely because I saw that Emma Watson was reading it and didn't think to maybe start with the first. Woops. This book is filled with loads of short stories and isn't intended to be read as a book from cover to cover, but the stories were so powerful and gripping that I couldn't put it down. I read the whole book, cover to cover in less than 2 days and along the way smiled, laughed, cried - every emotion, you name it, I felt it! I will take this book with me everywhere. It has the power to change the way you feel in a matter of minutes.
4. Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn

If you haven't heard of Gone Girl, you must be living under a rock! The No.1 bestseller has been on the tip of everyone's tongue since the summer of 2014 and has now become a major motion picture starring the brilliant Ben Afflec and beautiful Rosamund Pike. Even if you're not a fan of reading, I would highly recommend watching the film - you never know, it might persuade you to read the book. If you haven't already, I highly recommend reading this book and if you don't trust me, trust the huge fan following the book has already gained.

(Buy here)

5. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes

This book will surely make you reach for the tissues, it even managed to make my tough-as-nails mum shed a tear or two. The story follows a young girl, Louisa, who has reached a point in her life where she's been thrown from her comfort zone and now has to adapt to a new life. But Louisa isn't the only one who's had to adapt to a new life. Will was once successful and happy before a tragic road accident meant that he was now a quadriplegic. The story follows the pairs journey through all the highs and lows and when you reach the end I think you could be surprised. An amazing book I will always recommend, and I also suggest you take a look at some of Jojo Moyes other books.

(Buy here)

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig