My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Wednesday 19 August 2015

Feminism: Part 1

Emma Watson
‘Feminism is a range of movements and ideologies that share a common goal: to define, establish, and achieve equal political, economic, cultural, personal, and social rights for women. This includes seeking to establish equal opportunities for women in education and employment.’
Does that sound like a bad thing? I don’t think so. There are so many different opinions about feminism floating about, some based on the misconception of the true meaning. I asked my 16-year old sister if she knew the meaning of feminism, to which she replied “man-hating?”. In the past, feminism has been painted in the wrong way and it's effecting the opinions of young women.


ELLE The Feminist Issue - Emma Watson (December 2014)
ELLE The Feminist Issue - Emma Watson


A fresh face of feminism has now been established in the form of the beautiful and inspiring Emma Watson. Appointed as UN Women Goodwill Ambassador in July 2014, Watson has since gone on to publicize feminism in a positive light. There are no rules to becoming a feminist, everyone is entitled to their opinions. I never really knew much about feminism before Emma Watson became a spokesperson but I think she's shed a positive light on the movement.


Would I call myself a feminist? Yes, I probably would. I believe women deserve equal rights to men and feel people, including men shouldn’t be ashamed of being feminists. Since Emma Watson launched the HeForShe campaign, many famous men have come out in support of the campaign, including Benedict Cumberbatch, David Tennant and Harry Styles.

Famous Male Femisists
He For She Campaign

Feminism isn’t man-hating and it doesn’t mean that women will stop shaving their armpits. I see feminism in a positive light and support it across the world, not just in Europe and America.

What do you guys think? Do you have any opinions on feminism?



(Disclaimer: I do not mean to cause any offence in this post, I am giving my own honest opinion)



SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig