My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Sunday 5 June 2016

Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit Vs. Max Factor Creme Puff Blush


Let's admit, even by just looking at the picture it's pretty clear to see that both the Hourglass and Max Factor blushers are similar. The only thing that really differentiates them is the price. The Max Factor Creme Puff Blush retails for £8.99 and is available in 6 shades, whereas the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Blushers go for £28 a pop, sometimes more, and come in 7 beautiful shades. I have the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Edit (which is still available here) which has 2 blush shades, 'Luminous Flush' and 'Mood Exposure' also known as the bacon blush.


I personally feel that the range of shades offered by Hourglass offer more choice while the Max Factor blush, although it only has one less shade in the range, doesn't have such a huge variety - I find a lot of their shades to be very pink-toned.



The quality of these blushers is pretty much inseparable. The lower Max Factor price in no way means that the blush compromises on pigmentation or lasting power. The Hourglass blushers are milled slightly finer but both brands offer great shades and a beautiful luminous finish to the skin. Both of these blushers are highly pigmented, I find I barely need to dip my brush in the pan, so I suggest using a light hand.

Although the Hourglass blushers are stunning and of very high quality, I personally cannot justify spending such a large amount of money on a single blush especially when there is a perfectly good dupe in the drugstore for almost a quarter of the price. I think I'll be sticking to the drugstore when it comes to these blushers, because unless there is a shade unique to Hourglass, the Max Factor blush is practically identical.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig