My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Friday 29 April 2016

Giorgio Armani Maestro Glow Fusion Foundation


This is a relatively new foundation to me, and was only launched in February. I picked this up after hearing Inthefrow talk about it briefly in one of her videos - the essential oils in the formula appealed to me massively. Reviews were a little difficult to come across, but after giving this a quick swatch on the back of my hand I decided to just give it a go; I was too intrigued not to.

When I first tried this on the back of my hand I did notice that it came out quite dark, almost slightly orange. I swatched the lightest shade, No.2, and after working it into my skin the formula lightened. I wasn't expecting the shade to match my skin so well considering how pale I am and there only being 9 shades in the range but I was pleasantly surprised. I don't really feel the need to blend it far down my neck, so if you're interested but you're not too sure about the shades I definitely suggest popping by your nearest counter and giving it a try. I think the shade range might surprise you.

The foundation has a light coverage but could possibly be built up to a light/medium coverage, depending on how you choose to apply it. I like to apply this using my fingers, I find this works the product into my skin well and finished off with a beautyblender gives a decent amount of coverage. I personally really like the finish that this foundation gives, it's very glowy and brightening and I feel like it does my dry skin a lot of favours. I'm not sure how well this foundation would work on oilier skins, but with a setting powder it may be worth considering. I like the dewy look, but I would recommend powdering down the centre of the face and any other areas of the face that might be a bit oily.

I personally wouldn't expect such a dewy foundation to last very well on the skin, but after trying this foundation multiple ways - no primer, with primer & no powder, with primer & everything in between - I've come to the conclusion that it has great lasting power. I've been using this as my everyday base, so I have it on from 7:30am - 6:00pm and I've found that it lasts really well. At the end of the day there's still a decent amount of coverage and I would happily go out for dinner without touching up.

I'm not that fussed on the packaging, the pipette design isn't the most practical especially when travelling but it does feel quite expensive. This is the only foundation I own with a pipette but it's not too difficult to use, unless you're in a bit of a rush. I like to use 6 drops for my whole face, I find that this is plenty.

I like to use this as my everyday foundation. It takes a lot less time to apply and leaves a natural finish and with the added bonus of SPF 30 and the high concentration of oils I feel like it does my skin more favours than damage, especially in the long term. 

Being a Giorgio Armani foundation you can expect a pretty hefty price tag. I decided to wait until there was a discount (10% off at Debenhams) but I have no doubt when I come to the end of this bottle I will be rushing out to repurchase it.

P.S. It should be noted that there is Shade 0 - a light/white edition of the collection that could possibly be used to lighten and brighten if you find you're in between shades. Something to bare in mind.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig