My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Wednesday 4 May 2016

NYX Soft Matte Lip Creams



There’s no doubting that everyone and their dog has heard of these, and there’s still a huge hype surrounding them. I completely fell for the hype, and I have to say I completely agree with it. So let’s start from picking them. There is a serious lack of NYX counters in the UK, so it makes it quite difficult to choose your shades. I had a look at images of swatches online, and I found that YouTube reviews with swatches were really helpful. My favourite is Kathleen Lights video.


I picked up the shades Cairo (light nude) and Stockholm (beige-pink). I didn’t realise at the time that there was a bit of a hype around Stockholm. My favourite of the two is Cairo – this is a very pale nude shade and might be a bit of a marmite shade, against my pale skin it does come out quite orange toned. I think this would be more suited to mid-tone skintones and possibly lighter skintones if you like a slightly darker nude.

The finish of the lip creams is quite drying but they have got a creamy texture, as the name would suggest. I always like to exfoliate my lips and apply lip balm before, I find that this makes them more comfortable to wear. The lip cream’s finish is matte and has great colour pay off. One layer is plenty for the lighter shades but I have heard that the darker shades often need two or more layers to get a decent and even pay off. I personally don’t mind this because I find that with most darker liquid lipsticks this is a must to get the best colour.

The lasting power is probably what lets this product down the most. I can wear it for 1 - 2 hours before the colour starts to disappear and I find that they don’t last well whilst eating. It’s not too difficult to reapply but it’s not ideal.

But, although the lasting power might not be great there’s no denying that these are a bargain. You can pick these up from the Boots website for £5.50 and I hear that there are some new NYX counters dotted around UK stores.

Hope this review/opinion was helpful. Do you guys have any shade recommendations?

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig