My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Wednesday 6 April 2016

Marc Jacobs Under(cover) Perfecting Coconut Face Primer


My lovely flatmate picked this up for me from New York when she visited recently, and after using it for a little bit I’ve got a bit more of an idea of what I think. I didn’t realise that this was available in the UK but I found it the other day on the Harrods site. Taking into consideration the exchange rate and taxes I think I managed to get this for a £1 cheaper from the U.S.

I haven’t been a primer user before now, with my very dry skin I didn’t see the need to wear one and my makeup lasts a decent time without one. But after hearing such rave reviews I desperately wanted and thought it might just make my makeup sit a bit better on my skin and work as a protective barrier between the foundation and dry patches.

So, my thoughts… I really like it. Firstly it smells great, and I’m not even a big fan of coconut. I find it to be quite a mellow smell, it’s not overpowering. The consistency is quite light and liquidy, it feels a bit milky. I don’t think I would get on with more silicone/gel primers so the creamy formula of this is right up my street. The primer leaves a great base for foundation and I find that it smooths out my skin and gives it a little extra boost of hydration, also giving my foundation a little extra glow.

Marc Jacobs is a very luxurious brand with sleek packaging and high prices, both of which apply to this product. The frosted glass bottle and white & silver packaging makes the product quite weighty which I personally like. It’s a very beautiful piece of makeup that actually does the job, and does it well. For the amount you pay for the primer you would expect it to rock your socks, and I think it does. If you happen to stumble across a counter or get the chance to try this, I recommend you do.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig