My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Friday 8 April 2016

First Impressions: Nip & Fab Glycolic Fix Serum


A quick first thought’s post on a new addition to my skincare routine. Since I’ve run out of my previous serum I thought I’d try something new, just for a change. So I picked up the Nip & Fab Glycolic Serum after a bit of hunting and deliberating.


I opted for this serum without really understanding its benefits. I honestly chose it because a) I really liked the packaging, b) although I don’t know much about the brand I consider it a good skincare brand, c) finally, Kylie Jenner is an ambassador. The last reason might be a bit sad, but if it’s good enough for her it must be a pretty decent product.

From what I understand, glycolic acid is a very effective exfoliator and works well to clear up blocked pores and blackheads. As I’ve previously mentioned I have very dry and flaky skin, so with that in mind I’m not sure this was the best serum for me. I wouldn’t say this is a serum that gives a huge boost of hydration (which is what I’ve come to expect), so if you’re looking for a very hydrating serum I wouldn’t say this is for you. But I do have flaky skin on my forehead especially, and I think that over some time the acid will hopefully work to smooth it out.

I found that the best way for me to apply this is after cleansing and toning. Warming it up in my hands helps it glide on the skin a little easier. Otherwise I found that it was quite a thick consistency and was difficult to spread. I would use this with especially moisturising products so that my skin would benefit from both the glycolic acid and hydration.

The serum has a bit of a strange smell, and I can’t quite put my finger on what it is. I think it’s slightly orangey but it doesn’t linger on the skin, this may be something to bear in mind if you are sensitive to scented products.

So there are my initial thoughts. Nip & Fab have a few serums aimed at different problem areas and I’m up for trying them all so I can find the right one for me. I’m glad I picked this up and got my foot in the door with the brand, but I’m not completely convinced this is the right product for me. I’ll keep you up to date.


P.S. Nip & Fab is on offer at Boots at the moment!
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig