My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Wednesday 20 April 2016

My MAC Lipstick Collection


Every girl needs at least one MAC lipstick! So many colours and finishes to choose from, there's something for everyone. I've currently got 6 in my very teeny collection but they're so addictive; not so expensive that you could just go pick one up whenever the wind takes you but it still feels like a nice treat.


(L - R) Velvet Teddy, Please Me, Brick-O-La, Blankety, Patisserie & Amorous
Every girl needs at least one MAC lipstick! So many colours and finishes to choose from, there's something for everyone. I've currently got 6 in my very tiny collection but they're so addictive; not too expensive, you could just go pick one up whenever the wind takes you but it still feels like a nice treat.

MAC lipsticks have multiple finishes; Frost, Matte, Retro Matte, Satin, Lustre, Amplified, Cremesheen and Glaze. My personal favourites are Amplified (creamy formula with smooth glide, bold colour pay-off with full coverage and a semi-lustrous finish) and Matte (creamy rich formula with high colour pay-off in a no-shine matte finish). The amplified formula is a slightly creamier version of the matte formula.

I prefer nude and pink shades so there will be a slight pattern with the shades I own, with a few slightly more adventurous shades thrown in.

Velvet Teddy (Matte) - I picked this shade up after the huge hype which still surrounds it. After a bit of hunting I managed to find it in my local MAC store and snapped it up. I didn't realise quite how dark and brown-toned it would be, but I think it's a pretty versatile colour so most people can make it work. I like to mix up the lip liners I use underneath to change the undertone slightly (my favourites are MAC Whirl & Soar).

Please Me (Matte) - Again with this shade, I didn't realise quite how pink it would be but after trying it out with a few lip liners and lip balms I really love it. It's described as a muted-rosy-tinted pink, and because of the matte finish it has great colour pay-off. I like to wear this as an every day colour, alternating with Patisserie. It adds a subtle pop of colour and makes me look a little healthier.

Brick-O-La (Amplified) - I bought this shade after hearing Estee Lalonde talk about it a few years ago. I prefer this to a brighter red, it's not too in-your-face but it still makes a bit of a statement. The formula of this is super creamy and easy to apply - I like to apply this a couple of times and blot in between just to make it last that bit longer and get rid of any super harsh lines (I prefer the more blurred, un-perfected effect).

Patisserie (Lustre) - The first MAC lipstick I bought and my favourite. The lustre formula makes this easy to apply, I don't even need a mirror. The colour is great for my pale skin but I think it could easily work for a large range of skin tones. I've almost come to the end of the bullet but I will definitely be repurchasing asap!

Blankety (Amplified) - The newest edition to my MAC lipsticks. I picked this one up after watching Freddy My Love's MAC Lipstick Collection. It's the nudest MAC lipstick I have, and the colour is very opaque. I quite like the look of this on my skin tone but it might not be everyone's cup of tea. I think it'll be quite a versatile lipstick that I can use to layer and maybe try out an ombre lip.

Amorous (Satin) - I found a voucher on Wowcher that gave me a choice of a few discounted MAC shades so I couldn't resist. I chose Amorous because I'd seen Suzie from Hello October mention it in a recent haul. It's a dark purple, cranberry shade that can be vamped up using MAC Currant lip pencil. The satin finish isn't my favourite but I love the colour.

My collection is only small in my opinion, but I'm expecting it to grow quite a bit. Some other shades I might be picking up soon are Cosmo, Japanese Maple and Modesty.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig