My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Friday 3 June 2016

Battle of the Bronzers: Part 2


High-End or Drugstore?

In the first part of my little two-part bronzer battle I debated over Liquid or Powder and came to the conclusion that my favourite formula was the creams and liquids, especially the new L'Oreal Glam Bronze Cushion Soleil. In this post I'll be debating whether I would splash out or save my pennies.

First up, liquids and creams! I've tried the L'Oreal Bronze Cushion, Nars Laguna Liquid Bronzer and the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel. My favourite formula of the three has to be by L'Oreal - it's a nice formula that's blendable and gives just the right amount of colour. The formula is buildable and adds a beautiful glowy affect to the skin. Out of the three this is also by far the easiest to apply - the cushion allows you to pick up just the right amount of product and doesn't require you to pour anything onto the back of your hand. Although the Chanel bronzer is also in a pot I find it quite difficult to pick up enough product, but that could be down to the brush I use.


Don't get me wrong, all three bronzers are great (side note: I do sometimes find the Chanel bronzer to be slightly orange on my skin) but the formula and easy application makes the L'Oreal cushion bronzer my favourite, the price is just a bonus!

Powder on the other hand is a whole new matter. I definitely think you could find your perfect bronzer in the drugstore, a great place to start would be the Soap & Glory Solar Powder but I don't think there's anything wrong with spending a little more in some cases. I'm so happy I decided to pick up the Urban Decay Beached Bronzer (Sun-kissed) because coupled with the L'Oreal cushion bronzer it's a match made in heaven. This isn't my daily routine but it's something special!


Solar Powder has been my go-to bronzer for years, but it's been pipped to the post slightly since I've fallen in love with the UD Beached Bronzer. I'm personally happy to spend that little bit extra on a powder bronzer, but there are plenty of drugstore options that are budget-friendly and just as good.

I think the UD Beached Bronzer is a great middle of the road high end bronzer that sits at the lower end of the price range, so if you were looking to spend slightly more it would be a great place to start.

So my final thoughts are... stick to the drugstore when it comes to cream bronzer, there's no need to look any further. But when it comes to powder I don't think there's any harm browsing the higher end and spending that little bit extra.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig