My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Sanctuary Skincare


Recently I've been trying out a few Sanctuary Spa skincare bits, and trying to incorporate them into my skincare routine. I've moved on from the face wipes that I used to use daily when I was younger and I've really started taking my skincare seriously. There's a recent post all about my daily skincare routine here, but I've been using these Sanctuary bits every now and then.


I'd heard a few bloggers talk about the Sanctuary 5 Minute Thermal Detox Mask in the past, so it had been on my radar for quite a while. I picked it up as well as the other items when there was an offer on at Boots. I always considered Sanctuary to be quite a pricey brand but I've found that most of their products are around the £10 mark, so not bad at all - and I don't mind spending that little bit extra on my skincare to make sure I can see the results. 

The Thermal Detox Mask is a thick, gray consistency that heats up when you apply it to damp skin. Once applied all over the face and left for 5 minutes, you can wash it off with water or a damp muslin cloth. I quite like the warm feeling when applying it to the skin, it's quite a soothing feeling. I've used this a few times, and I use it once or twice a week. I'm not too sure of the overall benefits this has on my skin at the moment, but it does leave my skin feeling refreshed and its a very gentle mask. It's a great budget option if you fancy adding a face mask to your routine.



Another mask I picked up was the Sanctuary 'Reverse' Beauty Sleep Face Mask. This is an overnight mask that you can use a couple of times a week following your night time skincare routine to give your skin a boost of hydration. This mask is a thick consistency with a sweet, fresh scent. It claims to soften, smooth and restore your skin as you sleep and promises a healthy glow in the morning. This is very thick and can sometimes feel quite heavy on the skin if you apply too much. Once applied it does feel hydrating, although I don't notice a noticeable difference to the appearance of my skin in the morning. I think this mask would be slightly more suited during the colder months when my skin is in real need of some hydration, but it could be one to consider if you do have very dehydrated skin. 



Last but not least is the Sanctuary 'Protect' Therapist Secret Facial Oil. This is slightly higher up the Sanctuary price range, but still reasonable for a face oil. This oil is suitable for all skin types, as are the other two products, and claims to keep skin hydrated for 24 hours whilst also plumping the skin to give it a more youthful, healthy look. This is a very hydrating oil, and since using it a few times I've found it to be very hydrating. As with most face oils, if you use too much it leaves a very greasy feel to the skin. Since picking this up I have found another face oil I prefer, which I will be reviewing soon that's also slightly more affordable. The Sanctuary had a slightly heavier feeling on the skin, which could be suitable for very dehydrated or slightly mature skin.

Sanctuary offer a great range of skincare products, and overall I'm impressed with the products I picked up. I think next I'd like to try the Polishing Hot Cloth Cleanser.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig