My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Wednesday 31 August 2016

Go with the Glow!


This summer has been all about the glow, and I'm fully committed to keeping it up as the seasons start to change. The days are getting shorter and darker so to keep the mood light why not amp up the glow and make it last longer. My skin is also inevitably going to get dryer and a little bit sallow - the classic case of winter face - so the more glow the better. I've been loving these products to add that little extra bronze and glow to my skin and make sure that my very faint tan lasts as long as possible.

Starting off with my newest find, the BodyShop's new Pinita Colada range for the summer smells amazing. I love Pina Colada's, they're one of my favourite cocktails, so when I heard about this range I knew I had to pick at least one thing up. I chose the Body Sorbet for a nice, light moisturiser to use during the hotter months but there is also very limited stock - so if you want to try something from this range move fast! The sorbet has a nice light texture and a cooling effect on the skin which is great for those summer months. The Pinita Colada range has a very sweet scent, and could be a bit of a love or hate smell, but if you love the typical summery scent and want to keep that summer feeling going throughout Autumn this could be a great option.

As well as that summer feeling, I like to keep whatever amount of tan I've managed to get over the summer going for as long as possible. Moisturising is a great place to start but when I need that little extra help, the St Tropez Gradual Tan Tinted Lotion is my current go to. I'm not really a huge fan of fake tan, I'm naturally so pale I'm afraid I might end up looking like a wotsit. It has just the right amount of colour to give your tan a little boost, is easy to apply and doesn't leave my legs looking streaky. You also avoid the typical biscuity scent of most self tanning products. A full review of this will be up in the next few days.

Moving onto the face, I recently picked up the BodyShop Skin Defence Multi-Protection Essence SPF50 as a high SPF to use whilst I was at V Festival. This also doubled-up as my face moisturiser whilst I was there. From what I could tell this worked great as a daily SPF, I didn't burn my face or my huge nose once. It has a thin consistency so it works well under makeup. Although I used this as a moisturiser whilst I was at the festival, it didn't have as much hydration as I usually like but my skin was absolutely fine. 

The most glowy foundation out there has to be the Giorgio Armani Maestro Glow - it even says it in the name. I've gone on about this foundation before and how much I love it, I think it'll be a great winter foundation thanks to the hydrating oils in the formula. If you fancy reading a more in-depth review there's a whole post about it here.

If that wasn't enough glow, you could always add a little extra to your base. I picked up the Flash Illuminator from The Estée Edit by Estée Lauder in the shade Morning Light and it's a nice champagne shade. I like to mix this in with my primer or foundation to get an all-over glow that's slightly more subtle.

I like mixing up my bronzers, there are so many great ones from the drugstore and higher end, and at the moment I'm loving cream bronzers as opposed to powder. I wrote a whole blogpost about the new bronzers I've been loving here. I've been especially loving mixing it up between the Chanel Soleil Tan de Chanel and the slightly cheaper alternative, L'Oreal Glam Bronze Cushion Soleil. These are both great bronzers with very different formulas - the L'Oreal cushion bronzer is much more of a liquid and easier to blend, whereas the Chanel bronzer is more of a cream and takes slightly more work.

And lets not forget about the eyes... I recently bought a couple of the Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerise cream eyeshadow pots, and 'Jean' is a great light champagne shade to have as a wash of colour all over the eyes to add a little glow to your lids. Jean works specifically well on blue eyes but there are so many great shades in the range you're bound to find one to suit you.


SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig