My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Wednesday 3 August 2016

Quick & Easy Everyday Makeup


I enjoy applying my makeup and like to take my time when I do it, but sometimes the lie-in can't be avoided and I end up in a rush. Whenever I'm in that rush, these are my go-to products that I know I can trust. These few products range from high-end to drugstore and long-time favourites as well as some newer finds.

Starting with the base...


I like to use a primer, especially a hydrating one - you can find a review of my favourite Marc Jacobs Coconut Primer here. But when I'm in a rush, MAC Fix+ is great for a quick sprits and leaves my skin ready for foundation.


This is my foundation of the moment. The cushion sponge means that its quick and easy to apply, and with a great colour match I don't have to worry about any uneven or orange patches. The coverage is decent and buildable, I prefer to apply this with my BeautyBlender.


I mentioned this in a recent haul, and its quickly become my favourite concealer. I used to use a cocktail of concealers in an attempt to hide my dark circles, but the layers looked cakey and creased quickly. This has a very light formula with great coverage, and with 9 shades to choose from there's something for everyone. If I need a little extra coverage, I like to dot a tiny bit of MAC Studio Finish Concealer on the darkest areas and blend out with my finger.

I'm quite pale, so I like to use bronzer to subtly add a little colour to my complexion. The new cushion bronzer from L'Oreal is a great drugstore option - its the perfect shade of bronze and doesn't look orange on the skin and again the cushion makes this quick and easy to apply. My favourite way to apply this is with my Bobbi Brown Full Coverage Face Brush, then blended out using a BeautyBlender.


This was also mentioned in a recent post, if you'd like a more in depth revue I would direct you that way. But to sum it up quickly, this cream gel is long-lasting and easy to apply with the handy little brush in the lid. I like to use this mainly in the fronts on my brows to give them a feathery look and avoid and harsh lines. To finish off the tails of my brows I like to use the Anastasia Beverley Hills Brow Wiz.


Gimme Brow is a new product that I'm trying out, I picked up a sample in a magazine. The small wand lets me have more precision when combing through my brows and the formula holds them in place without feeling stiff. The shade 5 is a great match for my eyebrows and helps them to look slightly fuller.


Neutral tones are great to use for an easy everyday makeup look and these two eyeshadows were some of the first pieces of makeup I bought from MAC, and have remained staples in my makeup routine. Orb is a soft-peachy beige with a satin finish and works well all over the eyelid. Wedge is a matte soft beige-taupe that works well blended in to the crease to add a little depth and definition to the eyes. These shadows are easy to use and blend well with minimal effort. Other favourites of mine are the Charlotte Tilbury Eyeshadow Palette in The Sophisticate and the Urban Decay Naked Basics Eyeshadow Palette.


These two products have been firm favourites of mine for over a year now. I prefer to buy the smaller sizes instead of the originals - I find they last the same amount of time as the usual drugstore mascaras, and I can't quite bring myself to spend nearly £20 each on mascara. I like to use the primer on my bottom lashes for a slightly more subtle look, as well as underneath the They're Real! mascara on my top lashes. These mascara's give my eyelashes great length and definition and can be pressed onto the root of my lashes for a slightly more subtle everyday look, or layered to give a fuller and thicker look for the evening.

I like to finish off the makeup with either a light dusting of MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light under my eyes and down the centre of my face or sometimes I prefer to spritz a little of the Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray to keep my makeup in place.

SHARE:

4 comments

  1. Definitely want to get those two cushion products! I'm intrigued! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're really amazing, I think the bronzer's my favourite. You'll have to let me know if you like them xx

      Delete
  2. Marc Jacobs coconut primer sounds interesting. I don't really use a primer just moisturiser usually but theres always a first time for everything! Mac Mineralize skin finish in natural is one of my favourites to finish with too :)

    www.thesundaymode.com

    www.thesundaymode.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, I never used to use a primer but since using this one I definitely think my foundation looks better and sits nicer on my skin. I can't believe I didn't pick up the Mineralize Skin Finish sooner, its a great setting powder x

      Delete

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig