My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Saturday 30 July 2016

Charlotte Tilbury Eyes To Mesmerise


There's a new Charlotte Tilbury beauty counter in John Lewis, Cardiff and I could not be more excited! Its not a brand that's particularly that difficult to get hold of these days online, but nothing beats seeing the products in front of you with your own eyes and avoiding having to rely on swatches you've found online. Side note: The counter in Cardiff is big, beautiful and sparkly.

I wanted to try something new from her range, so I decided on the Eyes To Mesmerise cream eyeshadows. I initially picked up the shade 'Jean', after dilly-dallying between it and the shade 'Veruschka'... but I couldn't resist buying them both, so after swatching Veruschka in store I ordered it online.


Jean is a light pink-champagne shade inspired by Marilyn Monroe, and works especially well with blue eyes. Veruschka is a unique shade and is described as having 'minky-mossy golden grey-green' tones. You can see in the swatches that Veruschka has a golden shimmer running through it.

These Long-Lasting Easy Cream Eyeshadows have a water-infused formula which becomes obvious when applying them on the eyes. Initially the shades are very pigmented but once blended are much less opaque. The formula is great for everyday once you get the hang of applying it, and can easily be taken from day to night by adding another layer. I find it easier to apply the shadow with a brush and blend out rather than using my finger which made the product slightly more difficult to control but not unmanageable.

I have particularly oily eyelids and struggle with eyeshadows creasing, and although these claim to be long-lasting I found that they creased after a few hours. The longevity of wear was definitely improved when I applied it with a brush rather than my finger. These shadows did work well under other eyeshadows, as a base.

Overall I think these pots are money well-spent, and the packaging feels so luxury. Having said that, I'm also a huge fan of the MAC Paintpots and these are slightly cheaper - there are also 24 shades. MAC Indianwood is super pigmented and looks like a great dupe for the Eyes To Mesmerise in Bette.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig