My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Friday 22 July 2016

Benefit Ka-Brow!


Benefit's recent brow launch includes a huge selection of products suited to everyone's eyebrow needs. Arguably the largest brow launch ever and one of the biggest this year, Benefit are jumping on the eyebrow bandwagon. Brows are like fashion, the trend changes every season and Benefits extensive range caters to any trend you fancy. 

I wasn't planning on picking anything up from the collection, I've been pretty content with my current brow routine. But I'm not one to say no to an offer, I figured it would be a good chance to try out something new. I've only used brow pencils like the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz (Ebony) and eyebrow gel like the L'Oreal Perfection Brow Artist Plumper (Medium/Dark) in the past, so I picked up the new Benefit Ka-Brow! Cream Gel. I was colour matched to the shade 3, slap bang in the middle of the shade spectrum.

I usually like to match my eyebrow product to the natural colour of my brows, which is quite a few shades darker than my natural hair colour. So although shade 3 is lighter than my brows, it helps tone down the bold brow look I've been channeling for so long.

This is the first cream-gel product I've used for my brows and it comes with a handy little angled brush in the cap. The brush itself is really good and is small enough to get a really precise look and stops you from applying too much product. The cream-gel claims to be waterproof, but can easily be removed with micellar water and allows you to create whatever look you're going for - natural or bold. I prefer to use this at the front of my brows, the brush allows me to get a natural, fluffy look to my brows that isn't too blocky. I find it slightly difficult to use it on the outer end of my brows, but I think this will become easier with practice. At the moment I like to use my Brow Wiz because of the fine nib.

Overall I think this is a great product for everyday, and although its a slightly smaller pot than other brow gels its very pigmented and the consistency is easy to work with. This pot costs £18.50 making it more expensive than the Anastasia Dipbrow Pomade and the MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme. Its also near the lower end of pricing when it comes to the whole new Benefit brow launch, with prices ranging from £17.50 - £24.50.

I'm happy I picked this up, I think its a great start to trying out some new brow products, specifically cream-gels. I'd highly recommend that if you do pick this up that you are colour matched by a member of the Benefit team - I thought I'd be a shade 5 or 6 (the two darkest) not shade 3. The whole range falls under the same handy shade range, so if I'm a shade 3 in Ka-Brow! I'm shade 3 in every other Benefit brow product.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig