My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Sunday 3 July 2016

Mini MAC Haul


I've recently made a few spontaneous trips to MAC and I've picked up a few random bits and bobs. I don't usually have a plan when I go into MAC, I usually just have the urge to pick up some new makeup bits and I know I can rely on MAC not to disappoint. MAC is a great middle-of-the-road makeup brand, its not too expensive but its definitely not your drugstore budget option. I love how much is on offer, there are over 100 shades of eyeshadow and lipstick and tons of different finishes - there's something to suit everyone!


MAC Collections always have such a huge hype around them, and there's no doubting that the Halsey launch was highly anticipated. The first launch sold out quickly and I decided that if it was to come back in stock I had to pick it up. MAC x Halsey launched 'A Signature Blue Lipstick' - re-imagining her trademark blue colour. The lipstick is a slate-blue shade with a matte finish. The lipstick is very pigmented and bold, and even though its a very out-there colour and I haven't quite figured out where or how I'm going to wear it I had to pick it up. I think this could be great for the festival season to add a slight twist to a makeup look or even paired with other lipsticks to create an ombre effect.

I haven't tried too many base products from MAC, but I do love the Studio Fix Powder Foundation (NW20) and the Studio Finish Concealer (NW15). After hearing Anna from ViviannaDoesMakeup rave about the Mineralize Skinfinish Natural I figured I had to pick it up. I haven't found the perfect powder yet and since this had such great reviews and promises a natural looking finish and a light feel on the skin it seemed like a must-try. I picked mine up in the lightest shade and I've tried it out a few times so I can definitely say that I love it. It doesn't feel cakey and sets my foundation and concealer absolutely fine. Although I use this for setting my makeup, it still allows the dewiness of my foundation to show through - a huge bonus! This gets a huge thumbs up from me, I think this could be my holy-grail powder.

Another base product I picked up was the new Prep & Prime Highlighter pen in the shade Light. Originally there were only four shades, but there are now a total of nine. This concealer doesn't have a huge amount of coverage but works well layered on top of other everyday concealers. Its easy to apply and blend out and although it doesn't have a lot of coverage it gives the skin an airbrushes and perfected look. I wouldn't use this on its own unless I was having a really good skin day, but its great to layer to create a really flawless base and highlight the highest points of the face.



The last thing I picked up was the Pro Longwear Paint Pot in Indianwood. This was another impulse buy, I hadn't even come across this shade before going into the store and picking it up. It's an antique gold with a metallic finish, and it translates really well on the eyes. Paintpots are longwearing cream eyeshadows that can be worn alone or with shadows layered on top. I usually find that eyeshadows crease on me, even when I'm wearing primer; but this paintpot has great lasting power and barely creases if at all. The colour is very pigmented and allows you to create an easy makeup look without much effort. The golden-bronze shade also looks great on blue eyes, but I think it would be flattering on all eye colours. I think I'll definitely be purchasing some other shades, maybe Bare Study and Painterly.

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig