My Blog List

Beauty, Lifestyle, Style & Food

Wednesday 9 September 2015

August Birchbox

August Birchbox - link here
Last month I decided to treat myself to a Birchbox, it was a very last minute decision but I'm glad I made it. This was definitely a good box to get started, I feel like I've been hooked. Uh oh!




The box had 3 great makeup samples, and 3 skincare/shower samples. These included a mini Benefit High Beam (love it!), a mini Illamasqua Matte Veil (excited to try this!) & a Rituals Ayurveda Scrub (so nice!).

Here are some of my favourites...

Birchbox - Huygens Exfoliating Cream
I loved this exfoliating cream - it was lovely and creamy, as the name would suggest. The small rice powder particles were gentle on the skin and combined with other skin-friendly natural ingredients, this product feels luxurious on the skin. I really enjoyed using this and would highly recommend it. I'd never come across the Huygens brand before; it claims to focus on the importance of nature and organic ingredients, but I'll definitely be looking into it more in the future.

Birchbox - Laura Mercier Longwear Creme Eye Pencil (Violet)
This is gorgeous! I think I'm in love. The colour is different to a plain black or brown making your makeup a little more interesting. I think this would be great to smudge under the waterline or to amp up a smokey eye. The quality of this pencil is out of this world - it's soo creamy but it lasts amazingly. Once the pencil sets on your eyes it does not budge!

This is a great makeup tutorial to check out by Lily Pebbles (link here), that I think the Laura Mercier Eye Pencil will be great for.





SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I am glad you enjoyed your Birchbox. I have up my subscription up a while ago. From subscription boxes I would rather go with My Little Box which is truly cute and beautifully designed or with GlossyBox which has a nice array of brands and better sizes. But still, enjoy it! You have to like it, not me :)

    S. || cafebiblioart.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know, I'll definitely give those other boxes a look. Maybe I'll see something I fancy :)

      Delete

© The Muddled Mojito

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blogger Template Created by pipdig